Designer Wallpaper from Fabric Gallery & Interiors
What You Should Know Before You Choose Wallpaper
Wallpaper varies greatly in its material content, which helps determine how a paper looks and how it handles. Vinyl wallpaper are popular because they are durable, fairly easy to install, and easy to maintain. There are fabric-backed vinyl, paper-backed vinyl, and ones designed to look like a three dimensional surface, such as plaster, granite, or grass cloth, which are suitable for walls that aren’t perfectly smooth.
Fabric wallpaper are usually made of cotton, linen, or other natural plant fibres, such as grass cloth, hemp, or burlap. Most textiles fray easily and are not washable. Solid paper wall coverings include hand-screened papers, foils, flocked papers with textured patterns, and murals. Both textile and paper wallpapers should be installed by professionals.
Wallpapers vary as much in their quality as in their style. Some papers are almost as thing as tissue paper and will tear easily whilst hanging. As you might expect all our papers are stylish AND robust.
Nowadays many wallpapers are designed to be hung by pasting the wall first which makes them easier for a competent DIY-er.
- Pattern repeat, half drop, quarter drop – you need to allow for this when you are calculating how many rolls you need.
- Cross line for best results. It’s more work to cross line a wall but this will get you the best results.
- Inspect all your wallpaper before use. Ensure all rolls are the same batch and in good condition.
- Use the recommended paste – using powdered paste is a false economy.
- Don’t underestimate quantity. If you run short & need an extra roll it will delay your decorator and worst case you might find that there are no more rolls available from the same production batch.
Nearly all the brands that we have at Fabric Gallery and Interiors include wallpapers in their collections. In our showroom we have thousands of papers on display.
Whether you are decorating a whole room or creating a feature wall we can help you pick the right wallpaper for your home. We can also deliver wallpaper to your home or your decorator can collect from our showroom.
At Fabric Gallery & Interiors we are pleased to supply beautiful designer wallpapers. If you are interested in wallcoverings please do come and visit us at our Dunnington shop or contact us for samples and a Quick Quote.